Jaimini Jethwa born in Africa grew up in Scotland, Dundee. Writer, Yoga Instructor, Live music producer, Video Producer, Abertay University, filmmaker, short films screened at Edinburgh fringe festival and playwright with upcoming production Last Queen Of Scotland produced by Stellar Quines and in association with Dundee Rep and National Theatre
JAIMINI Jethwa was one year old when she and her parents were forced to leave Uganda and move to Dundee. That was in August 1972, when Uganda’s larger than life president Idi Amin had ordered the expulsion of all 80,000 Asian Ugandans from the country within a ninety-day period or
Broadway World asked Director Jemima Levick a few questions about her forthcoming production The Last Queen of Scotland
Tell us a bit about The Last Queen of Scotland.
The Last Queen of Scotland is inspired by writer Jaimini’s experience of the Ugandan Asian expulsion, and her move to Dundee as an immigrant
We are excited to announce that Stellar Quines will be working with National Theatre of Scotland on two World Premiere productions in their 2017 Season. Jemima Levick will direct both The 306: Day by Oliver Emanuel and Gareth Williams and The Last Queen of Scotland by Jaimini Jethwa.
- Memorial to be unveiled in Princes St Gardens to commemorate Conscientious Objectors
- Edinburgh Festival Fringe looking for Young Critics for 2018
- Writers – exciting opportunity to be part of live event at CCA Glasgow in June
- Producer Maternity Cover Vacancy
- CATS Awards 2018 – shortlist announced with nomination for The 306 Day