A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to go into rehearsals for “Bingo!” to shadow the Director, Jemima Levick. The placement came about after I applied for the Stellar Quines Board Pioneer position last year. In my application I mentioned that it was a long term goal of mine to have my own theatre company so Stellar Quines got in touch to say that, although the position had been filled, they would like to help me any way they could in continuing my professional development. Read more
My name is Laura Laria; I come from a wee city in the middle of Spain. I moved to Edinburgh almost 2 years ago and I am currently studying HND Technical Theatre at Edinburgh College. Recently I was pleased to have the opportunity to do a work experience with Stellar Quines during the production of The Lover, performed last month at The Lyceum. Read more
Growing up in a creative, home educating household allowed me to invest my time in the subjects I was truly passionate about and I always knew that I ultimately wanted to collaborate with dance and theatre, but I never imagined an opportunity would arise so early in my career! Just as I started my first term studying a BMus in Composition at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, I received the staggering opportunity to work with not one, but two inspirationally strong female directors: Jemima Levick and Fleur Darkin.
- 4 Stars for This Girl Laughs, This Girl Cries, This Girl Does Nothing
- CALL OUT FOR SUBMISSIONS: Letters To… My Body Hair
- Join Us! Applications now open for our next Board Pioneer
- Jemima Levick on why she is excited to direct This Girl Laughs, This Girl Cries, This Girl Does Nothing
- Booking open for This Girl Laughs, This Girl Cries, This Girl Does Nothing