These pages are a work in progress…we will keep adding information to them regularly so please keep checking back!
• Jan 2018 Persistant and Nasty is a platform for female identified humans working, writing and performing in the stage and screen industry. It was born from the frustration and anger of four actresses/writers, fed-up with the treatment of women across the industry; from the lack of profile female writers get, to the way that women are treated in the casting process.
- We.All.Knew – Guardian interview with Vicky Featherstone, Artistic Director, Royal Court Theatre.
- Why I am Going to stamp out sexual harassment in showbiz – Maureen Beattie, award-winning actress & star of The Jennifer Tremblay Trilogy talk to The Herald about sexual harassment in our industry
- The Stage reports the full transcript of the press conference held at The Old Vic following investigations into the allegations involving Kevin Spacey
- Time Magazine name ‘The Silence Breakers’ as their Person of the Year – huge recognition to all who have called out inappropriate sexual behaviour and who started the #MeToo Campaign
- Royal Court Theatre, No Grey Area
- Federation of Scottish Theatre Statement
- UK Theatre Joint Statement
- Eve Nicol Zine Jam
- Royal Court launch Industry Code of Behaviour
- “No More #notallmen : an open letter from men in theatre
- Federation of Scottish Theatre announce toolkit to be developed in Scottish theatre to combat abuse.
- Federation of Drama Schools to hold special meeting to discuss sexual harassment – The Stage
- Theatre staff more at risk of sexual harassment says survey The Stage
Whilst this has been a moment of empowerment for some women, it is also incredibly important that we practise self-care. If you feel you can’t or don’t want to speak to anyone close to you about your own experiences there are some people who are there to listen [source No Grey Area]
SCOTTISH HELPLINES & CONTACTS
- Rape Crisis Scotland – 08088 01 03 02
- Victim Support Scotland – 0845 603 9213
- Scotlands Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline – 0800 027 1234
- NHS 24 (Scotland) – 111
- Samaritans – 08457 90 90 90.
- Equality and Human Rights Commission – Sexual Harassment – 0845 604 6610
- NHS Direct Helpline: 0845 46 47
- Victim Support 0845 30 30 900
- Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre 0808 802 9999
- National Domestic Violence Helpline 08457 023 047
- The Rape and Abuse Line 0808 800 0123
- Women’s Aid Federation of England 0808 2000 247
- Scottish Women’s Aid 0131 226 6606
Rape Crisis Scotland Sexual Harassment Leaflet
Royal Court Code of Behaviour