Parents and Carers in Performing Arts campaign for equal opportunities and access for parents and carers working in the performing arts. Their aim is to achieve sustainable change in attitudes and practices in order to attract, support and retain a more diverse and flexible workforce.
Stellar Quines was a proud member of the original consortium of 18 leading UK theatres and arts organisations, unprecedented both in scale and reach across the performing arts, who committed to work together to back and support PIPA’s mission. We continue to support Parents and Carers in Performing Arts as they become a company [Sept 2017] and in leading the field in news ways of working.
Led by The Old Vic, the original consortium brought together a collaborative network of theatre industry bodies and unions including:
UK Theatre, ITC, One Dance UK, Equity, Spotlight, Actors’ Children’s Trust, Family Arts Campaign as well as Donmar Warehouse, Birmingham Repertory Theatre, Mercury Theatre Colchester, Dundee Rep Theatre, Hull Truck Theatre, Belgrade Theatre Coventry, Stellar Quines Theatre Company, National Theatre Scotland and English Touring Theatre.
Moving from Campaign to Company PIPA will continue to engage new partners from across the performing arts sector including music and dance.
- PiPA EVENT 3 June: Stellar Quines and Imaginate are co-hosting a PiPA event during this year’s Edinburgh International Children’s Festival. It is a chance to discuss the challenges faced by parents working in theatre and in particular anything specific to children’s theatre. There is a FREE creche (for under 6’s) so parents can attend the discussion and then see the performance of Expedition Peter Pan.
- From Campaign to Company: Parents and Carers in Performing Arts Grows its Mission
- Interim report initial findings published – 81% of self-employed people and 57% of employed people reported that they have turned down work as a result of a caring responsibility.
- Survey about parental and caring responsibilities in the theatre industry
- Is the theatre industry currently failing parents who work in it? – take The Stage poll
- Stellar Quines part of Parents in Performing Arts first-of-its-kind Best Practice Action Research Project
- Parents in Performing Arts Press Announcement
- Stellar Quines supports PIPA Campaign