The List is an award winning story of a woman struggling to adjust to rural life. Increasingly isolated, she keeps life in order through obsessive list making where remembering to do something or neglecting it becomes the difference between life and death.
Awards for The List
- Scotsman Fringe First Award 2012
- Herald Angel Award 2012
- Best Production 2012/13 Critics Awards for Theatre in Scotland
The List Trailer
Images © Caroline Webster
“it’s Beattie’s impassioned performance that turns a competent show into a moving one. She has mastered the script, and squeezes every drop of emotion from it”
This is a production that has all the right ingredients, never dips below the highest level, and constantly impresses.
A veritable Tour de Force
a powerful hour.
a gently stunning production.
a sinister and gripping play with extreme power.
close to perfection
Highly Recommended Show “Teamed with the beautiful writing and endearing performance The List cements itself as a fantastic piece of theatre.”
This stellar piece of theatre is outstanding and entirely captivating, and should be right at the top of everybody’s list.
Stellar Quines have produced a thought-provoking study of action, consequence and the foibles of human behaviour.
Maureen Beattie gives an inspired performance which embraces both the sensitive and dramatic contents of the play and at times the comic mundanity of everyday life.
- October 27, 2015The List Film screened as part of Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival
- August 26, 2015The ultimate #tremblaytrilogy playlist
- August 19, 2015Jennifer Tremblay Trilogy 4**** and 5***** star reviews from Edinburgh Evening News
- August 19, 2015#tremblaytrilogy FAQs
- August 16, 2015What people are saying about The Jennifer Tremblay Trilogy…
- July 3, 2015Share the Love!
- June 11, 2015Festival fever begins!
- February 27, 2014Media stories on The List
- February 27, 2014Shelley Tepperman Interview
- February 27, 2014Summerhall TV interview with Maureen Beattie & Muriel Romanes
- February 27, 2014Philip Pinsky on composing for theatre
- February 27, 2014Michael Heasman on The List