Bingo! A new musical comedy
An hilarious new musical comedy about friendship, forgiveness and wishing for more at the Bingo brought to you by two multi-award winning Scottish theatre companies.
[embed]https://youtu.be/nnH-uyWWT-0[/embed] “Have you ever done a bad thing, like really bad?”
“Yeah. I started Breaking Bad when our Davy was on the night-shift”Every week more than 2 million women pour into local Bingo halls across the UK, each one hoping that all elusive HOUSE will change their fortunes forever. Daniella’s one of those women. Except she isn’t just hopeful. She’s desperate. She needs Lady Luck to smile down on her tonight. She’s done a bad thing. No, a really bad thing, and if her card doesn't have those winning numbers, she’s going to have to resort to desperate measures to take home THAT prize money. Featuring barnstorming original numbers, a lot of banter and cheeky humour, join multi-award winning Scottish Theatre companies Grid Iron and Stellar Quines for an unforgettable night at Bingo! [embed]https://youtu.be/qfj5BmRdzvE[/embed] Join the conversation #bingomusical Gie's yer chat! We'd love to hear what you thought of Bingo! What were your favourite bits? The song you can't stop singing! Please contact Magda Paduch with any Press or Media enquiries. Supported by Creative Scotland and The Foyle Foundation
Grid Iron“Grid Iron is not just a Scottish national treasure but one of the companies that has shaped British theatre over the last 20 years.” The Guardian Grid Iron is an Edinburgh based new writing theatre company which specialises in creating site-specific and location theatre although they also produce work for the stage. Over their 22 years they have received 30 awards and a further 24 nominations covering all aspects of their work from acting, writing and use of music to stage management, design and technical expertise. Their adventures have taken them to extraordinary places; from the slopes of Edinburgh Zoo and the concourses of Edinburgh Airport to a massive oil-rig manufacturing shed in Dundee, a boat-builders island in a Norwegian fjord, to the former General Security building in Beirut, a working cancer hospital in Jordan, the old City Morgue in Cork, the largest climbing arena in Europe and parks, housing estates, playing fields, bars and stages all over Britain. They have made co-productions with many partners including the National Theatre of Scotland, the Traverse Theatre, Dundee Rep Theatre, The Almeida Theatre, London and Lung Ha Theatre Company and have delivered two European Capital of Culture Commissions (Cork 2005 and Stavanger 2008). They have performed thirteen times at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe and twice at both Edinburgh International Festival and Edinburgh International Science Festival. They have also been part of Imaginate, Edinburgh’s international festival of performing arts for children and young people. Visit: www.gridiron.org.uk
IMAGE CREDIT: 16k Design
- April 12, 2018Jo Freer (Bingo’s Ruth) talks dobber choreography with Brian O’Sullivan
- April 12, 2018Jo Freer (Bingo’s Ruth) talks to the Evening Times
- March 21, 2018Bingo! Extra Matinee performance added at The Tron, Glasgow!
- March 14, 2018Caroline Deyga shares her inspiring week at the Bingo! rehearsals
- March 12, 2018Bingo! – Monday 12 March performance cancelled
- March 7, 2018The Herald – new musical comedy Bingo! deserves a full house
- March 7, 2018Scottish Field – TV stars to tour in new Scottish stage comedy
- March 7, 2018Evening News – House! From bingo hall to Assembly Hall
- March 7, 2018Joyce McMillan meets the team behind new comedy musical Bingo!
- March 6, 2018International Women’s Day 2018
- March 5, 20186th March Bingo! Preview cancelled due to #beastfromtheeast
- March 2, 2018Meet Ruth…Daniella’s best pal.