Rehearsal Room Number 151-6 June 2009
Tron Theatre, Glasgow, Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh
West Wind Drift by Jan Natanson, ANA by Clare Duffy and Pierre-Yves Lemieux, Constantina by Torben Betts, We Had Song by Catrin Evans
- West Wind Drift – Romana Abercromby, Ann Lacey, Michael Mackenzie, Jordan McCurrach, Alison Peebles, Matthew Zajac
- ANA – Meg Fraser, Lesley Hart, Rachel Kennedy, Pauline Lockhart, Alexandra Mathie, Steve McNicoll
- Constantina – Geraldine Alexander, Meg Fraser, Lesley Hart, Molly Innes, Keith McLeish
- We Had Song – Kay Gallie, Robert Jack, Vari Sylvester, James Watson, Alice White, Clare Yuille
- 1 June (Tron Theatre) – Rehearsed reading of West Wind Drift. Directed by Lesley Hart
- 2 June (Tron Theatre) – Rehearsed reading of ANA. Directed by Serge Denoncourt. Dramaturg Paula Danckert
- 3 June (Tron Theatre) – Rehearsed reading of Constantina. Directed by Zinnie Harris.
- 4 June (Traverse Theatre) – Rehearsed reading of We Had Song. Directed by Catrin Evans.
- 5 June (Traverse Theatre) – Rehearsed reading of ANA. Directed by Serge Denoncourt. Dramaturg Paula Danckert
- 6 June (Traverse Theatre) – Rehearsed reading of Constantina. Directed by Zinnie Harris.
West Wind Drift is a multi-layered meditation on man’s relationship with the sea. Told in Scots and incorporating folklore and myth, as well as historical and scientific fact, this episodic drama has interwoven storylines that follow several characters on physical, psychological, emotional and intellectual journeys. The play was previously read as part of Rehearsal Room 12 in 2007.
Developed through a collaboration between Imago Theatre Company, Montreal and Stellar Quines, ANA explores the connection between depression and madness and creativity through the retelling of the Inanna myth.
Set in Rome in the year AD65 as the Emperor Nero’s megalomania reaches fever pitch, Torben Betts’ play Constantina traces the experiences of four very different women as they are caught up in a moment of political madness and terror.
We Had Song is a biographical exploration of Victoria Scherautz. Born in Warsaw in 1916, Victoria was arrested and deported to Siberia by Soviet troops in 1939. Her journey through life took her to Bombay, Tehran, Cairo and to Great Britain. We Had Song was inspired by the memories she left behind.
ANA became a bilingual co-production between Stellar Quines and Imago Theatre (Québec) in association with the Traverse Theatre. It was produced in 2012. Full production details can be found on Stellar Quines’ microsite for ANA: ana.stellarquines.com