“Bursting with wit, intelligence and energy, Stellar Quines brings new vigour to Scottish theatre.”– The Scotsman
Stellar Quines retains a unique position within the cultural ecology of Scotland, as one of the few arts organisations whose primary occupation is concerned with the role of women.
Our vision is to be Scotland’s leading touring theatre company, inspiring excellence in women & girls supported by our mission to Celebrate the value and diversity of women and girls by making brilliant theatre, provoking change, nurturing artists and empowering participation.
The company achieves this through a year-round programme designed to excite and inspire the audiences and artists we work with that includes producing and touring world class performance, commissioning research, championing campaigns and delivering activities to support artist development and community engagement.
Did you know? – The name Stellar Quines is a combination of two old Scots words: ‘stellar’ meaning ‘starry’ and ‘quines’ meaning ‘women’.
Stellar Quines Staff – Meet the team
- Social Media Intern: Rosie Bans
- Producer: Rebecca Davis
- Company Administrator: Hannah Forsyth
- Creative Learning Associate Catherine Grosvenor
- Artistic Director and CEO: Jemima Levick
- Marketing Associate: Shirley Monteith
Stellar Quines’ Board of Directors – Meet the Board
- Jane Hogg (Chair)
- Lisa Sangster (Vice Chair)
- Kris Bryce
- Lisa Kapur
- Joan Matthew
- Mary Paulson-Ellis
- Caroline Ramsay
- Jackie Crichton – Board Pioneer
- Shilpa T-Hyland – Board Pioneer
Stellar Quines’ Patron
- Baroness Helena Kennedy QC