Following a successful pilot programme, Stellar Quines is recruiting for a new Board Pioneer. We are excited to offer this unique opportunity to help develop the skills and experience of someone in the early stages of their career. The role of the board is to ensure good governance and financial management, whilst also supporting and championing the work of the company. We meet four times a year and provide brilliant snacks!
Stellar Quines’ vision is to be Scotland’s leading touring theatre company, inspiring excellence in women & girls supported by our mission to celebrate the value and diversity of women and girls by making brilliant theatre, provoking change, nurturing artists and empowering participation. In line with our vision, mission and charitable purpose, we are committed to representing a diversity of voices on our board. In particular, young women or girls (a key focus in our vision) are currently under-represented on our Board. Therefore, while not exclusive in any way, we are especially keen to find candidates who are most likely to be somewhere in the age range 18-30, or close to it, to help us to address this gap. We are also interested in receiving applications from other traditionally underrepresented groups such as BAME, LGBTQI
What will the role involve?
- Reading all relevant reports and board papers in order to contribute to meetings
- Attending approximately 4 board meetings and an AGM over 12 months (meeting in the evening between 6pm–8pm)
- The option to attend 3-4 meeting of the Finance and Audit subcommittee
- You will be encouraged to contribute to the decision making process and the strategic direction of the company.
- Being a champion of the company and their work (including seeing the company’s work!)
- Discretion – all board discussions are confidential
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a pioneer who is
- from a traditionally under represented group on boards (women, BAME, LGBTQI)
- passionate about theatre
- interested in how a board works
- cares about the voices of women
In return you will…
- Learn about the company and duties of a board
- Be fully supported to develop your role on the board
- Gain transferable skills and experience to add to your CV
- Have the chance to make an impact on a small but vital organisation
- Be reimbursed for all reasonable travel expenses.
No qualifications are needed, other than a commitment to the aims of the company.
To apply, please complete this short online form by Wednesday 24th April at noon. If you require the application form in any other format, please get in touch using the email below.
If you would like to ask questions or have an informal chat with us please contact email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
Stellar Quines support all women including Trans and Intersex women, as well as non—binary and gender fluid people who identify in a significant way as women or female.