Stellar Quines Theatre Company is looking to recruit a Creative Learning Associate.
Deadline: Friday 18 August, 12PM
Stellar Quines retains a unique position within the cultural ecology of Scotland, as one of the few arts organisations whose primary occupation is concerned with the role of women and girls.
Our vision is to be Scotland’s leading touring theatre company, inspiring excellence in women & girls supported by our mission to Celebrate the value and diversity of women and girls by making brilliant theatre, provoking change, nurturing artists and empowering participation.
Stellar Quines is both a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee having no share capital. It is governed by its charitable objects and Memorandum and Articles of Association.
The Creative Learning Associate will be responsible for developing and delivering a wide-ranging programme of learning, outreach and participatory activities. This post will be driven by the candidate’s artistic enquiry, framed by Stellar Quines’ vision and mission.
This is a new post that will introduce a new focus for the company; connecting with communities, young people, educational institutions and offering skills & training opportunities. The post holder will deliver on our strategic priority to increase participation and learning, while enabling and developing participants, which in return will feed into and inspire our wider programme.
SKILLS & PERSON SPECIFICATION
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience as a creative learning practitioner, delivering engagement activities and projects in a number of settings
- Experience in developing and delivering a creative learning strategy
- Proven track record in fundraising for creative learning activities
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a variety of partners, venues and organisations
- An interest in the work of Stellar Quines
- Calm and confident with excellent interpersonal skillI
- Interest in gender and gender equality
Stellar Quines is committed to promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, particularly applications from people returning to work from parental/caring responsibilities, and black, asian and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates.
- Freelance £4800 fee + expenses, 0.4 FTE fixed-term post, across a six-month term period
- Line managed by Artistic Director | Chief Executive
- Interviews and appointments are expected to be made in September 2017, with post starting in October (flexible).
- Due to the nature of the funding for this post, an appointment will be made in the first instance for a six-month period. Extension will be dependent on our Creative Scotland regular funding outcome (due January 2018)
- Further information: CLA APPLICATION PACK.FINAL
To apply please send the following documents to email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 18th August 2017 at 12pm
- A current CV (max 2 pages, including referees)
- A letter that includes: why you are an appropriate candidate for the post (answering the Job Description – Creative Learning Associate JD.FINAL), a statement of vision for your role as Creative Learning Associate, outlining your strategy, area of artistic enquiry and proposed programme of work for the initial six-month period, and beyond
- EQUALITIES MONITORING FORM
- Please also tell us how you found out about the post.
If you would like to have an informal chat about joining Stellar Quines please contact Jemima Levick, Artistic Director | Chief Executive, at firstname.lastname@example.org