The List Film
The List film, produced in association with Screen Academy Scotland at Edinburgh Napier University, transforms the intimacy of live theatre directly onto the big screen.
- Director: Morag Mckinnon
- Cast: Maureen Beattie
- Country: UK
- Date: 2014
- Length: 50 mins
- Format: DCP
In 2013 Stellar Quines set out to discover how a mid-scale theatre company can reach a larger audience for their work via the cinema. Restaging their award-winning Edinburgh Festival Fringe production The List, Stellar Quines commissioned BAFTA-winning film director Morag McKinnon to work alongside the company’s Artistic Director Muriel Romanes and award winning actress Maureen Beattie, to produce a cinema version of the play. Their aim was to transform the intimacy of live theatre for the big screen.
The support of a Business Innovation Exchange with Napier University secured a Scottish Funding Council Innovation Follow on Voucher which resourced further support from the Institute for Creative Industries / Screen Academy Scotland. This enabled Robin MacPherson, Director of the Institute for Creative Industries, to become executive producer for the film, which was produced in association with the Institute/Screen Academy Scotland.
Interested in screening The List Film? Please contact us.
Filming the List a behind the scenes documentary by Robin McPherson, Asylum Films, is now available to watch on Distrify. The documentary reveals how the worlds of theatre and film worked with their differences to create a Scottish first for both.
- October 27, 2015The List Film screened as part of Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival
- March 6, 2015Two up and coming festival screenings of The List Film
- March 6, 2015Filming the List available on Distrify
- September 9, 2014More screenings of The List and Filming The List announced
- August 1, 2014Upcoming screenings of The List and Filming The List
- June 10, 2014Behind the scenes The List film
- February 27, 2014A film in a film